If you would like to donate to support the work of the Trust in general then please click the donate button below. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.
The Sayers Croft Trust is currently fundraising for the following projects and improvements. If you would like to donate money for a specific project then please use the links below.
If you would like more information on a particular project, or would like to find out more about volunteering please see the information below or contact the Community Education Officer.
Special Educational Needs Programme
We have a fantastic runner, Andy, competing in the 2014 London Marathon for our Special Educational Needs Programme. The money raised will develop more opportunities for children with special needs. The Sayers Croft Trust has an extensive Special Educational Needs Programme supporting individuals, families and groups with a variety of physical, mental, social and financial difficulties. This includes: • Dedicated ‘Action Stations’ activity days during school holidays for children aged 7-17years. Young people with a range of special needs challenge themselves, gain social skills and have fun with their peers whilst at the same time giving families a short break. • A Bursary programme for special educational needs schools, groups and organisations offering up to 60% discounts on our normal prices. This makes activities at Sayers Croft accessible for all regardless of any financial pressures. • A Bursary programme for young people in mainstream education with special needs and financial difficulties. This allows us to offer free places for children with statements of need, those who are struggling financially and those that would most benefit from opportunities at Sayers Croft. • Continuous improvement and adaptation of our facilities and resources to ensure accessibility for all. Most recently this has included dedicated staff training days, the design and implementation of assisted archery equipment, installing a pool hoist for children and adults with mobility issues and adapting our orienteering courses for those with visual impairments. In the past 2 years we have given opportunities to around 1,200 local children and young people with special needs. With your help we can continue providing valuable outdoor experiences for these children and expand our Programme to help even more young people in need.
Goal: £3000Raised: £0
If you know of a project close to your heart that you think we could help with please contact the Community Education Officer.
The Sayers Croft Trust is a registered charity with the aim of involving the local community, especially young people, in the enjoyment and care of the environment. By working in partnership with the Sayers Croft field centre, the Trust offers a huge variety of outdoor, educational and conservation activities.
A volunteer with the Sayers Croft Trust would get:
- A varied and interesting time during which you will develop a range of skills
- Full involvement in the educational work of the Trust
- An opportunity to increase responsibility for activities once sufficiently trained
- An exciting, innovative and developing environment
After showing commitment to volunteering we may also offer training in:
- First Aid - Certificated Outdoor first aid qualification
- Training and coaching in environmental and outdoor education
- In house training and qualifications in activities and group leadership
- Insets on a variety of teaching techniques and skills
- Additional skills/interests/experience
Our volunteers are valued members of our team who add value to our programmes and we are extremely grateful for each and every person who volunteers their time.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- An interest or experience in environmental and outdoor education or practical conservation
- Good communication skills
- The commitment to work hard in the environmental sector
- Experience of or an interest in working with children
- An interest in spending time in the outdoors whatever the activity
- Artistic or creative skills
- A basic standard of computer literacy
If you would like more information about becoming a volunteer for the Sayers Croft Trust please contact the Community Education Officer.