If you would like to donate to support the work of the Trust in general then please click the donate button below. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.
The Sayers Croft Trust is currently fundraising for the following projects and improvements. If you would like to donate money for a specific project then please use the links below.
If you would like more information on a particular project, or would like to find out more about volunteering please see the information below or contact the Community Education Officer.
The Burrow refurbishment
The Burrow is our community building available free of charge to groups, organisations and individuals as a rehearsal and meeting space, for birthday parties and youth clubs. The money we raise will help us to replace our current tables, which are old, bulky and primarily designed for adults. We will purchase new tables more appropriate for children that will allow us to use our limited space much more flexibly. This is all part of any ongoing refurbishment which has so far seen a new fence around our community garden, the addition of a sensory flower bed, new picnic tables, additional storage and childrens books as well as a new kitchenette (coming very soon!).
Goal: £1700Raised: £0
If you know of a project close to your heart that you think we could help with please contact the Community Education Officer.
The Sayers Croft Trust is a registered charity with the aim of involving the local community, especially young people, in the enjoyment and care of the environment. By working in partnership with the Sayers Croft field centre, the Trust offers a huge variety of outdoor, educational and conservation activities.
A volunteer with the Sayers Croft Trust would get:
- A varied and interesting time during which you will develop a range of skills
- Full involvement in the educational work of the Trust
- An opportunity to increase responsibility for activities once sufficiently trained
- An exciting, innovative and developing environment
After showing commitment to volunteering we may also offer training in:
- First Aid - Certificated Outdoor first aid qualification
- Training and coaching in environmental and outdoor education
- In house training and qualifications in activities and group leadership
- Insets on a variety of teaching techniques and skills
- Additional skills/interests/experience
Our volunteers are valued members of our team who add value to our programmes and we are extremely grateful for each and every person who volunteers their time.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- An interest or experience in environmental and outdoor education or practical conservation
- Good communication skills
- The commitment to work hard in the environmental sector
- Experience of or an interest in working with children
- An interest in spending time in the outdoors whatever the activity
- Artistic or creative skills
- A basic standard of computer literacy
If you would like more information about becoming a volunteer for the Sayers Croft Trust please contact the Community Education Officer.